A growing IT managed services company is looking to hire a Tier 2 Support Engineer to join their team in Cape Town. The role will include remote support and joint working with the project or specialist teams.
The Tier 2 Support Engineer is responsible for providing our customers with high level support either as a point of escalation from the Tier 1 support engineers or in conjunction with other specialist teams within Operations.
You will ensure that service level agreements are met whilst delivering reliable resolution of customer technical issues when raised via support lines, Livechat, email or self-service portals.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT hardware including PC’s, laptops, printers, servers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third party systems.
- Get involved with senior engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Possibility to travel abroad and work between offices for short periods.
- Experienced in Windows Server (2003/2008/2012/2016) and Desktop operating systems (XP, Windows 7, 8 & 10)
- in-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation and migrations including AD.
- Detailed knowledge and experience MS Exchange 2007/2010/2013 and other Microsoft applications.
- In-depth troubleshooting, build, design, implementation and migrations.
- Experience with applications such as Office, backup software, virus, finance, console and other mainstream 3rd party applications.
- Excellent AD knowledge and experience. Must be able to demonstrate confident administration.
- Knowledge and experience in structured networks, switches, wireless, firewalls and internet routers etc.
- Firewall build and implementation advantageous.
- Proven experience with various hardware platforms – HP, Dell, Sonicwall, Raid etc.
- 2nd line troubleshooting, build, design and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of technologies such as Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IIS, VPN, GPO, Server Roles, etc.
- Mac experience advantageous.
- The aptitude and willingness to learn new software packages, systems and solutions.
- Experience with working in multi-client environments.
Qualifications and experience required
- A minimum of 2-years 2nd Line, hands on experience in an IT Desktop/Server support role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or MCSE/MCP/CCNA certification or qualifications are desirable
Deadline for applications is 15/11/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|