An IT Managed Service Company in Cape Town is looking to for a senior MS SQL DBA To remotely deliver SQL database support and project services to multiple customers in line with contractual SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Provide incident management (diagnosis, investigation resolution), as well as technical project implementation services to customers. Work with incident management, service desk,
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs
- Assist with transitions from on premises to cloud solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a MS SQL database environment
- Solid experience with SSRS, SSIS and SSAS
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Documentation skills
- Assertiveness in the face of the customer when needing to explain or defend a technical standpoint or approach.
- Passion for customer satisfaction and service excellence
- Highly motivated, disciplined and ambitious
- Happy to work remotely without any physical access to the infrastructure
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of Oracle will be advantageous
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- 8-15 years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Experienced in ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- Experience in SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
Deadline for applications is 15/09/2020
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|