Our client an MSP has an opportunity for a senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the technical solutions team.
- Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineer requirements.
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques / Deliver improvements on current systems such as threshold adjusting to minimize ticket generation and maximize cost optimization.
- Develops scripted solutions and automation.
- Works with engineers on the requirements and provides recommendations for improvements. (Client onboarding infrastructure vetting)
- Monitors performance and implement changes.
- Plan, execute and automate infrastructure testing.
- Analyses data from monitoring activities and define comprehensive, system-wide improvements. Technical Solutions need to maintain and report on infrastructure health and improvement implementations to show cost saving.
- This engineer will assist in proactively improve systems for internal cost optimizations.
- Network infrastructure design
- Security policy implementation and monitoring for threats
- Site reliability testing
- Storage management, including both local storage hardware and cloud storage systems
- Virtualization, with systems such as VMware and Citrix
- Containerization, with systems such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Cloud migration, plus management of existing cloud solutions
- Web server deployment and maintenance
- Process automation
- Virtual private network (VPN) configuration and security
- Windows or Linux administration
- Local software issue repairs
- Recommendation of hardware upgrades
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA A+
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Core Infrastructure
- VMware Certified Professional
- Citrix Certified Professional
- Azure Certified Solution Architect
Deadline for applications is 15/12/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|