This role is responsible for the security of the organisation’s computer systems, networks and ensuring that all platforms are protected. This role involves analysing existing security measures/controls and creating new and enhanced security measures.
This role will also implement security measures that effectively safeguard sensitive data in the event of a cyber-attack. This is a highly collaborative role that is part of a larger team dedicated to cybersecurity and involves frequent interaction with various members of the IT team. In addition, this role will be responsible for collecting threat intelligence and automating systems to consume threat feeds and track adversaries.
The role is also responsible for the development and execution of large-scale cyber security initiatives and requires a professional with problem-solving abilities who can work in a fast-paced environment and has a clear passion for cybersecurity and related technologies.
- Recognised industry certifications in cybersecurity such as CISSP (Essential)
- Academic qualifications in computer science, cybersecurity, or any related field (Desirable)
- 5 years of experience in the Information Technology field.
- 3 years of experience and hands-on expertise in cybersecurity.
- Expertise across a variety of security products including firewalls, EDR, SIEM, WAF, IAM, PAM, DLP and encryption solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security.
- Exposure to Information Security standards, architecture and models.
- Hands on knowledge of automation and DevSecOps skills.
- Software development principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and deployment orchestration.
- Experience in creating new ways to solve existing production security issues and recommending security enhancements.
- Experience in Incident Response: including the ability to document, any security threats, resolve technical faults and allocate resources to deliver real solutions in a cost-effective way.
Knowledge and Skills
- Required Skills: strong technical skills, including experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages, and cloud provider ecosystems.
- Excellent attention to detail, as they must constantly monitor systems to ensure there are no external threats.
- Strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and deal with threats or flaws in the environment.
- Skilled in discussing complex security issues in understandable business terms.
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques.
- Ability to recommend solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
Deadline for applications is 20/09/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|