Are you an experienced DBA looking for career growth, our client an international IT Managed Services Company in Cape Town has an opening to join their team as junior management. To be responsible for remotely delivering SQL database support and project services to multiple customers in line with their contractual SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
- Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
- Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
- Create and manage constraints and indexes.
- Support software developers with database operations
- Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
- Manage production, QA and development database environments.
- Create detailed documentation including diagrams of database infrastructure.
- Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all the stakeholders (internal teams and clients).
- Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs
- Assist with transitions from on premises to cloud solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a MS SQL database environment
- Solid experience with SSRS, SSIS
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Documentation skills
- Assertiveness in the face of the customer when needing to explain or defend a technical standpoint or approach.
- Passion for customer satisfaction and service excellence
- Highly motivated, disciplined and ambitious
- Happy to work remotely without any physical access to the infrastructure
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of Oracle will be advantageous
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL and stored procedures and query tuning on high transaction systems.
- Experienced in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) development / data integration.
- Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, database architecture and SQL/T-SQL.
- Proficient with SQL server profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting database activity and performance.
- SQL Server Clustering and HA technologies including mirroring, log shipping, failover cluster and various replication technologies would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, No SQL databases and In-memory databases and MCTIP certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop procedure documents and maintain detailed database related documents.
- Innovative approach to work, constantly looking for upgrading the system to more efficient and effective new technologies.
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|