This person will need to have a solid understanding of the digital space including digital strategy, online content marketing and e-commerce. This will include the maintenance, optimization, development and commercialisation of current and future digital platforms. Currently, the main purpose of this position is to commercialise our client’s digital offering and uphold our reputation as a forward-thinking and leading Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) in the digital space.
Whilst technical knowledge is important, ultimately this person needs to understand how to optimise digital platforms with the user in mind, in order to recruit new visitors, drive engagement and to ensure that revenue generating opportunities are identified and maximised.
Critical to the success of the role, is the ability to work within a team and to ensure full integration with all areas of the business – Marketing, Visitor Services and Membership Services.
- All digital platform maintenance, optimization and development
- Social media management
- Content strategy, plan, creation and implementation
- Digital campaigns
- Lead generation campaigns
- Digital commercialisation
- A Marketing degree or equivalent qualification with a strong eMarketing course component
- Experience in eCommerce and monetisation of digital platforms (essential)
- At least 8 years’ related work experience with at least 5 years’ experience in a digital marketing position, including the management of social media platforms and campaigns (essential)
- Advanced computer literacy (working knowledge of HTML, Java or any website coding, will be advantageous)
- Knowledge of web analytics (prerequisite)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface in a positive manner with staff, members of the industry, clients and stakeholders
- Strong competency to communicate the digital space in an understandable way to the team
- The ability to take initiative and improvise based on analytics
- The ability to manage a complex team structure with varied deliverables
- Time management and the ability to meet deadlines (essential)
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish personal and team priorities
- The ability to attend events and other off-site functions after hours, if relevant
- A valid Code 08 driver’s license and own transport
- A passion for Cape Town and a good culture fit
Please note, the role’s primary focus is the commercialisation of digital platforms, our client is not looking for a content person but rather someone with a holistic understanding of all digital platforms.
For more information, call Jackie Jacks on 072 487 3387 or send your CV to Jackie@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Digital Marketing, Marketing|