The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a senior system engineer with a track record of developing scripted solutions for IT operational teams. You will be a key member of the team, performing management of the automation & development codebase, contributing towards development standards and delivering new business processes for both internal and customer systems. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, work within an agile framework and have strong organisation and problem-solving skills, whilst also having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- Develop scripted solutions to replace\supplement business processes.
- Work alongside consultants as part of a project team and deliver automated outcomes within strict deadlines.
- Review requirement documentation and develop workflow-based automation.
- Responsible for security of the code developed across the organisation ensuring it is stored and managed securely
- Be the SME for the source code development tools used by the development teams
- Champion Automation within the organisation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for scripting optimization
- Inputs into code reviews
- Reviews scripts to proactively identify issues and defects
- Administration of the source code management tools and infrastructure
- Supporting the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Create a stable and scalable SCM build system
- Performs and manages software builds and releases from test to production
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Document writing / process creation
- 3+ years of infrastructure support.
- 2+years of using source code control systems (Bitbucket, Jira preferred)
- Skilled in scripting, writing scripted modules and automated testing routines
- A good understanding of agile design principles
- Working in Agile/Scrum environments
- In depth knowledge of PowerShell
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Confidence to challenge existing design practices and processes
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to write unit tests and feature tests
- Experience contributing to a DevOps environment (testing, CI, CD, automation)
- Awareness of automation principles and market leading automation software
- Working knowledge of MS products (Visual Studio) – Desirable
- Jenkins – Desirable
- Docker – Desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO 20000 & ISO 27000 – Desirable
- Any knowledge of RDBMS technologies, including MS SQL Server would be advantageous.
- Exposure to Industry leading automation and orchestration platforms. (Rundeck, Scorch, Snow)
- Exposure to Robotic process automation products. (Blue Prism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere)
- Familiarity with CMMI
- Knowledge of Python, C#, .NET
- Shell scripting
Deadline for applications is 30/10/2020
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|