The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as an automation consultant with a track record of designing and supporting scripted solutions for IT operational teams. You will be a key member of the team, performing use case discovery and analysis including solution design, contributing towards end to end solution delivery and improvement of business of processes for both internal and customers. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, work within an agile framework and have strong organisation and problem-solving skills, whilst also having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- Discover, design and document automation use cases to replace \ supplement business processes.
- Work alongside developers as part of a project team and deliver automated outcomes within strict deadlines.
- Review requirement documentation and design workflow-based automation.
- Produce Service Descriptions/ Process discovery documents.
- Interact with key stakeholders (Customer & Internal) and translate requirements into development ready artefacts.
- Champion Automation within the organisation.
- Assist developers with blockers and solution queries.
- Assist with automated solution testing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for scripting optimization
- Inputs into code reviews
- Reviews scripts against designs for consistent outcomes
- Administration of the source code management tools and infrastructure
- Supporting the development team in the design, testing and debugging of solutions
- Working within strict deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Document writing / process creation
- 3+ years of infrastructure support.
- 2+years of using source code control systems (Bitbucket, Jira, Azure DevOps)
- PowerShell & Python exposure.
- A good understanding of agile design principles
- Working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Confidence to challenge existing design practices and processes
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to write unit tests and feature tests
- Experience contributing to a DevOps environment (testing, CI, CD, automation)
- Awareness of automation principles and market leading automation software
- Working knowledge of MS products (Visual Studio)
- Azure Automation.
- Good understanding of Api’s and webservices.
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO 20000 & ISO 27000
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|