Join a successful and growing telecommunications company in the heart of Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling escalated and complex technical support issues for customers of the Freedom phone system such as those related to call routing, failed calls, third party VOIP phones and devices integration, remote provisioning of VOIP phones and devices, troubleshooting service usage etc., monitoring server and phone logs, using various management and provisioning tools.
The job involves working in a challenging, yet relaxed and fun environment. Multi-tasking and switching between different roles is a key aspect of the job. It requires the person to have the orientation and capacity to deliver while working in a small team.
- 1-3 years of overall level 2 technical support experience with relevant qualifications. The person should be able to work as an individual contributor with little or no guidance.
- Strong practical knowledge in VOIP, Good knowledge of VOIP protocols SIP, STUN, SDP
- Exposure to different types of VOIP phones and devices, routers and firewalls
- Minimum 6 months of experience working on VOIP technology – troubleshooting, application support, product support
- Ability to interpret questions and problem description from non-technical customers
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written, to enable interaction with a global customer base.
- Remote support to customers using desktop sharing tools.
- Working with real-time logs of the products and various logging methods.
- Should be aware of basic Linux commands
- Knowledge of databases, Sql
- Scripting knowledge (perl etc.)
- Network monitoring, sniffing tools like wireshark
- Knowledge of test tools such as SIPP
- Asterisk and flavours of asterisk or configuration of any VOIP PBX servers
Deadline for applications is 30/09/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|