Are you a self-starter and passionate about human-centered design with a genuine interest in current product trends? This could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
Our client’s Omnichannel team love to reinvent the shopping experience. If you enjoy working with cutting edge mobile technology and have a customer service obsession, this will be an opportunity for you to be part of the largest supermarket retailer in Africa.
As a user interface designer you will be part of a small, but growing design team where you will work closely with the user experience lead and customer facing product managers in all aspects of visual product design.
Together, you will create beautiful UI, enjoyable interactions and well- crafted design pieces for their web, iOS, Android and other digital products.
1. Visual Product Design
• Translating Wireframes and Flows
• Visual UI design & asset preparation for production
• Work closely with the User Experience Lead to craft the best possible interfaces and experiences
• Product Marketing Visuals
• Keep the team updated on product design trends & best practices
• Work closely with external design partners and agencies to produce integrated customer lead digital products
• Create prototype interfaces using tools such as Framer, Origami, proto.io and marvel.
• Assist the design team and product managers in the conceptualisation of viable and disruptive product ideas
• Innovate using existing and emerging technology
• Identify potential opportunities for new products as well as product, user interaction and design improvements.
• Drive customer-lead design thinking across omnichannel digital channels
• Adhere to and improve customer service levels across businesses and services
4. People and finance
• Drive customer centric culture, processes and way of working.
• The ability to iterate over designs, accepting feedback from Product Managers, Developers and design colleagues.
• The ability to look at a problem holistically and from many angles to ensure the right thing is being built, right.
• Work as part of an Agile Product Team to coordinate application development and delivery.
• Communicate well & honestly.
• Bachelor degree/ three year diploma or equivalent experience in commerce, engineering, marketing or advertising (1-3 years)
• Experience and proven success in user centered design and UI design tools (1-3 years)
• Skilled at the visual design of digital products, including but not limited to: Mobile applications on Android and iOS and responsive web (1-3 years)
• Knowledge of applications, Adobe Creative Suite and Invision (1-3 years)
• Communicating interactions using motion design principles as relates to user interface design
• Proven track record of successfully launching new mobile product features (1-3 years)
• Marketing / Advertising experience
• Digital Agency Experience
• Big Data Experience (1-3 years)
• Digital customer design development (User Experience design, wireframing, AB Testing, customer research etc.)
• An understanding of analytics in digital product design
• Information technology management
• Understanding of African digital market and customers
• Knowledge of legal compliance (Protection of Personal Information Act, Electronic Information Act, etc.)
• Digital Marketing and traditional media
For more information, call Jackie Jacks on 072 487 3387 or send your CV to