The Tier 3 Support Engineer is responsible for providing our customers with high level support either as a point of escalation from the Tier 1 & 2 support engineers or in conjunction with other specialist teams within Operations. You will ensure that service level agreements are met whilst delivering reliable resolution of customer technical issues when raised via support lines, Livechat, email or self-service portals.
The role will be based in Cape Town but will include remote support and joint working with the project or specialist teams.
- Minimum 5-years hands on experience in an IT Server support role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA certification or other industry qualifications are desirable
- Logical approach to diagnosing and implementing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management
- Self-motivated and hands-on approach working both in a team and independently
- Proven customer service & communication skills
Primarily the role will be office based but will include on-site support and working with our project team. You will also be expected to mentor and assist with skill development.
We offer a challenging environment and the opportunity to develop skills supporting a wide range of technologies and solutions.
You will also be given specific tasks according to your capabilities and will be expected to run these tasks through to completion.
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Server Roles 2008 / 2012
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Operating Systems
- Backup Solutions (Veritas Backup Exec, Max Backup, vRanger)
- Networking (Firewall, Switch, VLAN, VPN, Cisco)
- Storage Solutions (NetApp, EMC, Dell, HP)
- Virtual Server Environments (VMware vSphere, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (PRTG)
- Other Virtual Server Environments (XEN, KVM)
- Microsoft Server Services (Skype Business Lync, SharePoint, Dynamics, SQL)
- Linux (Squid, Postfix, Bind, Apache, BRBD, MySQL, Redhat)
Deadline for applications is 30/04/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|