An international IT Managed Services company is looking to hire an expert level Network Engineer to work as part of a large team of engineers, sharing knowledge and information, taking instruction, guidance, but also be expected to work on their own accord, progressing project work.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Natural leadership skills with a positive attitude and the ability to self-motivate.
- Be team oriented, as our environment requires constant knowledge transfer and mentoring.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written. You need to be able to communicate technical issues to non- technical shareholders in a very professional manner.
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Ability to adapt to change. The ideal candidate should embrace new challenges.
- Dependability – complete tasks on time, call out issues in a timely manner, take ownership of tasks and provide feedback regularly without having to be micro managed.
- The main purpose of this role is to provide technical guidance to the team on best practises and to perform team lead functions as and when required.
- Provide technical guidance and advice on problem resolution approach.
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge based on more complex issues across a wide range of technologies.
Have extensive vendor/technical knowledge and provide guidance on the following:
- Routers (Cisco IOS & IOS XE);
- Switches (Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus NX-OS, Dell MXL);
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX);
- Load Balancers (F5 LTM, NetScaler SDX/VPX/MPX, Cisco ACE);
- Wireless (Cisco AP);
- Fabric Interconnect (UCS 6248UP);
- Management Systems (SolarWinds, BNA, Entuity, Cisco WLC, Cisco ACS, NetScaler Command Centre, NetScaler Insight);
- Technologies – VXLAN, VPC, VSS, FCoE/FC.
- Applications: DNS, DHCP, LDAP, SSL Certificates.
- Basic Linux and Windows CLI commands and the ability to run and analysis of packet capture
- Keep up to date by attending training for new technologies.
- Maintain existing certifications.
- The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate commercial awareness by:
- Being aware of how day to day tasks effects profitability.
- Optimize team for creating additional capacity for time & material work and new business and technologies.
- Play a lead role in due diligence and transitioning of new services and customers into support.
- Provide quotes for ad hoc and T&M (time & material) work.
- Review proposals and designs with a focus on operational support to feed into requirements definitions and costing discussions.
- Experience: 6+ years at professional level.
- They should be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of Switching, Routing, VPN, Security/ Firewall, Load Balancing and IP Subnetting.
- Experience: 3+ years at expert level.
- Load Balancing especially on Citrix NetScaler and F5 LTM.
- Wireless especially Cisco WLC.
- Management platforms especially Cisco ACS.
- Professional level certifications (any of the following): CCNP (R&S) / CCNP (Data Centre) / JNCIP-ENT / JNCIP-SP.
- Additional to these professional level qualifications it would be very beneficial to have entry level network certifications in any of the following: Citrix NetScaler (CCA-N/CCA-P); F5 LTM (CA/CTS).
- CCIE (R&S) / CCIE (Data Centre) / JNCIE-ENT / JNCIE-SP.
Deadline for applications is 30/06/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|