Our client a busy and growing managed services company in Cape Town is looking for a Backup Technical Lead. The role will require a high level of technical proficiency and will be involved in all elements of solution definition, design and implementation for internal and external customers.
As well as providing technical expertise and escalation support for Frontline internal technical support teams where required. The candidate will have a firm background in Microsoft technologies, virtualisation, storage and networking. Have experience working alongside a technical service desk, assisting the resolution of internal and customer faults and queries.
- 3+ years Support & Consultancy for Veeam and Carbonite Evault products
- 5+ years in the Information Technology industry
- In-depth application product to support our continuity services
- Experience within the data management sector
- Experience working within a managed service environment.
- Project Management/delivery
- Project Solution Architect experience
- General commercial understanding and awareness
- To mentor and support the support team in Veeam and Carbonite Evault
- To Attain and maintain Veeam approved certification
- To undertake training and knowledge transfer of Veeam and Carbonite Evault
- Implement Veeam and Carbonite Evault Managed Services solutions
- Act as an escalation point for complex issues.
- Provide recommendations and develop technical solutions following customer requirement gathering and discovery exercises.
- Development of high-level solution designs and technical implementation plans.
- Preparation and creation of service operations documentation including handover to support teams.
- Participation in the sales handover process to ensure that all pre-sales documentation is accurate and correct prior to project initiation
- Proactive support for multiple customer and internal hosted environments providing technical expertise and escalation support for our technical support teams where required.
- Engage with internal 1st/2nd Line analysts to assist with customer fault/problem resolution and transfer knowledge verbally and via documented knowledge base articles.
- To comply with documented ISO procedures at all times.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues including escalation to the Project Manager.
- Provide highlight reports to the Project Manager as required.
- Strong product knowledge of Microsoft technologies
- Some understanding of Linux
- Hypervisor technology specifically VMWare & Hyper-V
- vSphere 5.1 – 6.7
- Storage Solutions
- Strong skills with Veeam and Carbonite Evault.
- Disaster Recovery skills for the above
- Veeam certified
- Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DNS, IP routing, network address translation etc
- Understanding and knowledge of physical infrastructure along with Virtualisation Technologies.
- Knowledge/Understanding of good information security practice from a technical and management perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL.
- Understanding of Patch & Deployment methodologies
- Understanding of encryption in the backups space (software and hardware)
Deadline for applications is 15/12/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|