We have an opportunity to join an international IT managed Services company as Their Operations Engineer. To be responsible for the smooth running of customer’s server environment and troubleshooting customer incidents. To support environments where infrastructure includes, local wired network equipment, network storage, backup solutions, Linux compute and Microsoft compute.
To will support the customer through the resolution of incidents relating to infrastructure as reported by the customer, as well as through performing general maintenance at the customer based on best practice methods raised through schedule tasks or through our monitoring platforms.
- Day-to-day support of our customer’s server environments.
- Perform project related duties regarding new deployments or development requirements.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and providing satisfactory fixes to the customer.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of faults by telephone and email.
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests.
- Completing customer environment Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required.
- Providing day to day administration for managed service customers.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Maintaining and updating customer technical documentation.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System (2008, 2012, 2016) and key roles, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering VMware ESXi 5.1 – 6.x, vSphere SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 – 2016.
- Experience in administrating Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience of administering/scheduling Backup and Replication Solutions (HP Data Protector, Veeam, Backup Exec) and the corresponding Libraries
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Exchange 2007, 2010 and 2016.
- Administration and Configuration of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering ESET Antivirus solutions.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Fortinet Appliances.
- Administration & troubleshooting of storage systems. (Dell SAN Storage, Synology, HP 3PAR, and IBM DS and Storwize)
- Administration & troubleshooting of Compute Hardware. (Dell, IBM, HP)
- Network switching and routing experience. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Proficient understanding of PowerShell scripting.
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA N+ (preferable, not mandatory)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Veeam (VMCE)
- VMware (VCP 6.5 or later)
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|