A growing IT Managed services company is looking for a senior support engineer to join their team. Tier 3 Support Engineer is responsible for providing our customers with high level support either as a point of escalation from the Tier 1 &2 support engineers or in conjunction with other specialist teams within Operations. You will ensure that service level agreements are met whilst delivering reliable resolution of customer technical issues when raised via support lines, Livechat, email or self-service portals. The role will be based from the offices in Cape Town but will include remote support and joint working with the project or specialist teams.
- Provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd line email, phone and remote support to our client’s base in the UK, Europe, Asia, US and South Africa.
- Visiting client sites to install/configure or troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT hardware including PC’s, laptops, printers, servers.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and fix most Microsoft technologies as well as other third party systems.
- Get involved with senior engineers to deliver complex projects.
- Technical experience
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Administration/Migration of Microsoft Server Roles 2008 / 2012
- Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Operating Systems
- Backup Solutions (Veritas Backup Exec, Max Backup, vRanger)
- Networking (Firewall, Switch, VLAN, VPN, Cisco)
- Storage Solutions (NetApp, EMC, Dell, HP)
- Virtual Server Environments (VMware vSphere, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of monitoring systems (PRTG)
- Other Virtual Server Environments (XEN, KVM)
- Microsoft Server Services (Skype Business Lync, SharePoint, Dynamics, SQL)
- Linux (Squid, Postfix, Bind, Apache, BRBD, MySQL, Redhat)
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 5-years hands on experience in an IT Server support role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, MCSA/MCSE, CCNA certification or other industry qualifications are desirable
- Logical approach to diagnosing and implementing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and time management
- Self-motivated and hands-on approach working both in a team and independently
- Proven customer service & communication skills
Deadline for applications is 15/03/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|