The Systems Designer will identify and understand detailed user requirements and provide technical solution designs within the architectural guidelines.
- Provide external and internal support on systems and software queries
- Maintain system components and ensure reliable deployment of new features
- Taking ownership of software issues, and working with our Development Teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- Documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps independently
- Responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels within the organization
- Perform advanced root cause analysis on bugs and databases
- Configure and maintain in house schedules and scripting
- Automate and implement processes
- Provide value to the business by providing appropriate input regarding ‘best use’ of technology;
- Ensure delivery of application solutions meets the needs of the business, ensuring the agility and flexibility of solutions to cater for future business demands;
- Effectively manage the design (technical specs), building, manageability, and sustainability of ‘in-house’ applications (SDLC, change control, capacity and performance planning, etc.);
- Effectively manage the integration, manageability, and sustainability of hosted or procured system applications
- Apply governance and compliance principles
- Work with colleagues as a ‘technical thinking partner’/ peer mentor.
- Create scalable and long-term solutions on our system to satisfy business requirements.
- Work with multiple departments to understand requirements and implement solutions.
- Debug processes over multiple applications and platforms.
- 3 year IT related Diploma/Degree
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft Communication Foundation (MCF)
- 5+ years experience with .NET (C#)
- 5+ years’ experience with TSQL (stored procedures etc.)
- Experience with Web Services/API Integrations
- Experience with SSIS advantageous
- Experience in the following languages: ASP.net advantageous
- Experience in SSRS advantageous
- Experience with MS SharePoint advantageous
- Experience in using Agile Methodology will be beneficial.
- Experience with Source Code management (MS Team Foundation Server)
Knowledge and Skills
- Exposure to System Architecture & Technical Design
- Experience in working with complex teams/environment, i.e. multi-tier solutions (in-house and external partners)
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry with experience in a retail sector as an advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies – AWS, Azure Desirable
- Data modeling
- Process modeling
- Agile Methodology (Scrum, SAFE, Kanban)
- Task level planning
Deadline for applications is 20/09/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|