Our client an international IT MSP in Cape Town, is looking for experienced Site reliability & DevOps engineers to join our team with experience in deploying applications and integrating tools to improve reliability, automation, and scalability in a cloud environment.
You’ll be working within the Managed Services Team working on a range of creative and engaging customer projects at the cutting edge of technology, tackling complex and technically challenging automation & deployment requirements for a range of customers within the Azure sphere and ensuring that there is an ‘Automate-everything’ approach to all that we deliver providing consistent reliable, conformant customer deployments at-scale.
Working closely with Developers, Azure Consultants, Operational support teams & end customers, the role holder will be responsible for customer application lifecycle management, collaborating with customers on change, test, and release cycles for numerous microservice based architectures. Reviewing customer applications for suitability for modernization to containers and cloud-native application services.
The individual will be a DevOps/Automation champion and instrumental in the ongoing development of our existing DevOps approach with a desire to promote and embed the methodology throughout our organization happy to mentor peers on the development lifecycle and deployment journey, as well as conducting training events. Excellent communication skills, well organized, a self-starter, ability to work to deadlines, confidence, forward-thinking, a passion for DevOps and automation are all essential traits.
Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum 5 years IT experience with 3+ in Cloud technologies as a Senior Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- A good understanding of the full software life cycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, release and maintenance.
- Server operational experience (both Linux and Windows)
- Understanding of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Microsoft Azure, understanding of the following :
- Application Gateway, Front Door, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls
- Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Storage Account, Virtual Machines, Event Hubs, API management, AKS, Functions/Logic Apps, Service bus
- Azure Infrastructure and App Monitoring using Azure Monitor, Application Insights Log Analytics, Kusto, Workbooks, Prometheus, Grafana
- Access Control (Active Directory, Azure AD authentication, RBAC)
- ARM/Terraform templates, automation for resource provisioning
- Experience of Automation of infrastructure services on Azure using Runbooks
- Certificate creation and management
- Languages and Frameworks
- C#: NET Framework, .NET Core, .NET Standard, ASP.NET (MVC, Web API), Console Apps
- Command Line/Scripting: PowerShell (Core, Azure, AzureRM, Az), Azure CLI, Kubectl, Shell, Windows/Mac/Linux command line, Bash
- Experience of running/deploying Microservices on Azure
- Azure DevOps and Visual Studio experience including:
- Creation, management & monitoring of CI/CD Pipelines
- Service Connections
- Artefact repositories
- Source control
- Test management
- Release management
- Good understanding of REST, HTTP protocol, XML & Webhooks
- Working knowledge of databases & storage including SQL, Postgres, Cosmos and Mongo DB, Table Storage, Blob Storage
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|