The Senior Networking team has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our customer’s network environments.
As a member of the Senior Network Team in the MSC you will help set the technical strategy for networking customers around Incident, Problem and Change Management. You will work alongside Project, Transition and Service Delivery management teams to assist in the smooth transition and acceptance of new customers and technologies into the MSC.
The role forms part of the highest point of technical escalation within the MSC for networking customers as such you will be expected to participate in high impact, high urgency incidents where prompt resolution and root cause analysis is required. Your technical experience as well as your strong troubleshooting skills will be paramount in this role.
As a senior engineer you will be responsible for supporting the 1st and 2nd Line teams to ensure they remain skilled to manage complex Incidents and Changes.
You will be required to support the 1st and 2nd Line team out of hours as part of an on-call rota.
- Day-to-day support of our customer’s networks and security.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and providing satisfactory fixes to the customer.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of faults by telephone and email.
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests.
- Completing customer network Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required.
- Maintain internal cloud environment by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Perform project related duties with regards to new and changing infrastructure deployments required by the MSC customers.
- Assisting 1st and 2nd Line Engineers with technical escalations.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Mentoring and training 1st and 2nd Line engineers.
- Assisting with the development of 2nd Line team engineers.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Development of peer relationships with key suppliers.
- Working closely with the Team Leader on continual improvements programmes for the MSC.
- Providing technical expertise to the Team Leader on and assisting on the technical skills evaluation of MSC engineers.
- Work with the other departments understand and share technical strategy.
- Development of technical strategy for Networking customers and internally.
- Work as part of the on-call rota and ensure resources are always available 24X7 and respond within SLA time frames to any calls from the MSC 1st and 2nd Line Teams out of hours.
- Attend the Change Advisory Board for customer change requests.
- Attend meetings and working parties to represent MSC where necessary.
- Attend customer meetings to provide technical consultancy, usually by VC but occasionally on site.
- Attend customer sites for onsite project and support related activities.
- Help to identify gaps in existing technical documentation, knowledge and skills.
- Creating and maintaining of technical customer documentation.
- Active involvement in the recruitment of all new technical engineers.
- Ensuring customer transition pre-requisites are delivered.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Ensure monthly SLA metrics for all MSC customers are achieved.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administration of routing and switching technologies by vendors such as Cisco, MikroTik, Dell and HP.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administration of security technologies by vendors such as Fortinet & Cisco.
- Knowledge of networking management tools.
- Graduate or qualified by experience.
- Qualified Cisco CCNP Security. (Preferred)
- Qualified Cisco CCNP R&S.
- Fortinet NSE 4 or equivalent experience.
- Working towards a Cisco CCIE.
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|