Our client; a leading IT Managed Services Company in Cape Town is looking for an experienced technical Network Engineer to provide solutions and technical management to a wide range of customers.
The team is tasked with a wide range of customer and solution engagements including technical vendor relationships, customer pre-sales, solution design & delivery, project handover into our Managed Service Support Teams, and on-going proactive technical management of both cloud and local/hybrid infrastructure.
Skills and experience required:
- Centralised monitoring and management in large-scale, high-availability environments;
- Advanced knowledge of large scale LAN/WAN switching and routing implementation and operation with specific knowledge of VLAN, VPN and MPLS networking;
- Knowledge of QoS and LAN traffic management techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure, TCP/IP, networking and information system security principles, practices and technologies;
- Internet routing protocols and services
- Networking services
- Switching services
- Knowledge of intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention system technology;
- Firewall technologies, in particular the CISCO based product range. Experience in other vendors is desirable
- Demonstrable; in-depth technical expertise within an ICT environment consisting of extensive hands-on support and management of Telephony (VoIP) and Networks.
- Design; configuration and deployment experience of Telephony (VoIP) and Networks.
- Understanding of client access technologies such as Fibre, FTTC, EFM, DSL and 3/4G
- SBC and VOIP Infrastructure
- A grounding in project management principles and first-hand experience of delivering many technical projects.
- A solid grounding in basic server and IT infrastructure and operating systems.
- Proven ability of establishing, maintaining, securing, and upgrading of networks.
Qualifications and experience
- Strong academic background
- Five years professional experience in network engineering in a large and complex network environment.
- Configuration, administration and troubleshooting experience of LAN switches, routers and firewall devices.
- Accreditations in related network and infrastructure technologies (e.g. Microsoft networking exams, CCNA, CCNP, Fortinet NSE, etc.)
Deadline for applications is 15/09/2020
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|