The Senior IT Support engineering position has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our customers computing environment ensuring server, storage, back-up, OS and application availability is maintained at the highest level. This is achieved by performing routine maintenance, testing failover and back up, implementing best practices etc.
This role will be to fill a temporary position for the period of 3 – 6 months on contract with emphasis on Microsoft Exchange.
- Design, implement and maintain Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Maintain server availability for customers by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Maintain internal cloud environment by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Perform project related duties with regards to new and changing infrastructure deployments required by the customers.
- Provide prompt senior technical assistance on customer incidents when Tier 1 skills have exhausted a resolution.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of incidents, problems and changes by telephone and email
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests
- Completing customer Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required
- Provide technical consultancy to all other areas of the business to ensure the integrity, performance and support of new opportunities that involve Server support.
- Find technical solutions to problems where necessary and practical, without compromising the commercial viability of a new product
- Where required perform the ‘Lead Engineer’ role for some key customers on a support and project basis.
- To stay up to date and accredited within the current technologies.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System (2008, 2012, 2016) and key roles, including; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Experience in designing, configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Exchange 2010 – 2016
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering VMware ESXi 5.1 – 6.x, vSphere SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 – 2016.
- Experience in administrating Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience of administering/scheduling Backup and Replication Solutions (HP Data Protector, Veeam, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Backup Exec).
- Administration and Configuration of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering ESET Antivirus solutions.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Fortinet Appliances.
- Administration of HP and IBM Tape Libraries.
- Administration & troubleshooting of storage systems. (Dell SAN Storage, Synology, HP 3PAR, and IBM DS and Storwize)
- Administration & troubleshooting of Compute Hardware. (Dell, IBM, HP)
- Administrating Microsoft SQL Server.
- Network switching and routing experience. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Proficient understanding of PowerShell scripting.
- Graduate or qualified by experience
- Microsoft MCSA / MCSE
- Designing and deploying Microsoft Exchange Server
- VMware VCP
- Veeam Certified Engineer
- Fortinet NSE 4 – Professional
- ITIL Foundation
Deadline for applications is 05/05/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|