The Senior IT Support engineering position has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our customers computing environment ensuring server, storage, back-up, OS and application availability is maintained at the highest level. This is achieved by performing routine maintenance, testing failover and back up, implementing best practices etc.
- Design, implement and maintain Microsoft Exchange environments.
- Maintain server availability for customers by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Maintain internal cloud environment by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Perform project related duties with regards to new and changing infrastructure deployments required by the customers.
- Provide prompt senior technical assistance on customer incidents when Tier 1 skills have exhausted a resolution.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of incidents, problems and changes by telephone and email
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests
- Completing customer Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required
- Provide technical consultancy to all other areas of the business to ensure the integrity, performance and support of new opportunities that involve Server support.
- Find technical solutions to problems where necessary and practical, without compromising the commercial viability of a new product
- Where required perform the ‘Lead Engineer’ role for some key customers on a support and project basis.
- To stay up to date and accredited within the current technologies.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System (2008, 2012, 2016) and key roles, including; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Experience in designing, configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Exchange 2010 – 2016
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering VMware ESXi 5.1 – 6.x, vSphere SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 – 2016.
- Experience in administrating Microsoft Azure and Office 365.
- Experience of administering/scheduling Backup and Replication Solutions (HP Data Protector, Veeam, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, Backup Exec).
- Administration and Configuration of Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering ESET Antivirus solutions.
- Experience of configuring, troubleshooting and administering Fortinet Appliances.
- Administration of HP and IBM Tape Libraries.
- Administration & troubleshooting of storage systems. (Dell SAN Storage, Synology, HP 3PAR, and IBM DS and Storwize)
- Administration & troubleshooting of Compute Hardware. (Dell, IBM, HP)
- Administrating Microsoft SQL Server.
- Network switching and routing experience. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Proficient understanding of PowerShell scripting.
- Graduate or qualified by experience
- Microsoft MCSA / MCSE
- Designing and deploying Microsoft Exchange Server
- VMware VCP
- Veeam Certified Engineer
- Fortinet NSE 4 – Professional
- ITIL Foundation
Deadline for applications is 05/30/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|