The Senior IPT Engineer is responsible for the smooth running of the customer IPT environments and assisting with escalations by Tier 1 & 2 Engineers, particularly those with inbound or outbound call centres.
To support environments where infrastructure includes, local wired network equipment, network storage, Linux compute, MySQL database or voice specific application servers (ie. Asterisk, QueueMetrics, ViciDial). They will support the customer through the resolution of incidents relating to infrastructure as reported by the customer, as well as through performing general maintenance at the customer based on best practice methods raised through schedule tasks or through our monitoring platform.
- Day-to-day support of our customer’s unified communications networks.
- Perform project related duties in regard to new deployments or development requirements.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and providing satisfactory fixes to the customer.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of faults by telephone and email.
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests.
- Completing customer network Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required.
- Providing day to day administration for managed service customers.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Maintaining and updating customer technical documentation.
- Mentoring and training Tier 1 and Tier 2 Engineers.
- Assisting with Development of 2nd Line Team.
- Development of peer relationships with key Suppliers.
- Work as part of the on-call rota and ensure resources are always available 24X7 and respond within SLA time frames to any calls from the MSC Tier 1 out of hours
- Work with the other departments understand and share technical strategy
- Development of technical strategy for IPT customers
- Attend the Change Advisory Board for customer change requests.
- Attend meetings and working parties
- Attend customer meetings to provide technical consultancy, usually by VC but occasionally on site.
- Helping to identify gaps in existing technical documentation, knowledge and skills
- Creating and maintaining of technical customer documentation.
- Active involvement in the recruitment of all new technical engineers.
- Ensuring customer transition pre-requisites are delivered by EPM and Project Management.
- Undertake technical audits for key customers where issues have been identified
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure monthly SLA metrics for all customers are achieved.
- At least six years’ experience in a unified communications environment
- Solid understanding of routing and switching
- Packet capture
- Trace analysis
- VMWare (limited)
- Expert in Linux OS
- Expert in Asterisk
- Knowledge of QueueMetrics
- Knowledge of ViciDial
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Knowledge of programming languages (PHP, perl)
- Network switching & routing (Mikrotik, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Debugging (SIP, H323, MGCP)
- Experience in Asterisk dial-plan coding
- DCAP (Digium Certified Asterisk Professional)
Deadline for applications is 30/05/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|