The Senior Computing Team has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our customers computing environment ensuring server, storage, back-up, OS and application availability is maintained at the highest level.
This is achieved by performing routine maintenance, testing failover and back up, implementing best practices etc. As a senior engineer you will be responsible for supporting the Tier 1 Team with complex Incidents, problems and changes adhering to ITIL principles at all times. You will also be required to support the Tier 1 Team out of hours as part of an on-call rota.
- Maintain server availability for customers by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices etc.
- Perform project related duties with regards to new and changing infrastructure deployments required by the customers.
- Provide prompt senior technical assistance on customer incidents when Tier 1 skills have exhausted a resolution.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of incidents, problems and changes by telephone and email
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests
- Completing customer Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required
- Provide technical consultancy to all other areas of the business to ensure the integrity, performance and support of new opportunities that involve Server support.
- Find technical solutions to problems where necessary and practical, without compromising the commercial viability of a new product
- Where required perform the ‘Lead Engineer’ role for some of key customers on a support and project basis.
- To stay up to date and accredited within the current technologies.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Work as part of the on-call rota and ensure resources are always available 24X7 and respond within SLA time frames to any calls from the Tier 1 out of hours
- Attend the Change Advisory Board for customer change requests
- Attend customer meetings to provide technical consultancy, usually by VC but occasionally on site.
- Attend customer sites for onsite project and support related activities.
- Undertake technical audits for key customers where issues have been identified and as part of the Service Improvement Process.
- Ensure all Customer documentation is kept up to date.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure monthly SLA metrics for all customers are achieved.
Essential (5 – 6 Years)
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering IBM AIX.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering IBM Spectrum Protect and TSM.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering IBM Power Hardware and Servers.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering HP and IBM Tape Libraries.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering IBM Storage / SAN Solutions.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering the Microsoft Windows Server Operating System (2008, 2012, 2016) and key roles, including; Active Directory, DNS, DHCP IIS, FTP and Clustering.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering VMware ESXi 5.1 – 6.x, vSphere SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 – 2016.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and administering Microsoft SQL 2014, 2016, 2017
- IBM DB2, Oracle knowledge and experience.
- Network switching and routing experience. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Graduate or qualified by experience
- IBM Certified System Administrator – AIX
- IBM Certified Administrator – Spectrum Protect
- IBM Certified Specialist – Storage Technical
- ITIL Foundation
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|