As a recognized authority in Point of Sale (POS) solutions, covering payments, billing, ordering, sales monitoring, multi-channel support, loyalty programmes, returns and pricing, cashier management etc., the solution architect strategically advises and shapes requirements for POS solutions and creates high-quality data, application and technology architectures in support of the business requirements and leads the realization of the design into the final solution implementation. Deep subject matter knowledge of POS-related technologies as applicable to the retail industry is essential.
- Define and continuously improve the POS architecture framework and solution architecture modeling standards
- Define and create solution-level POS architecture models that are aligned with business blueprints, non-functional requirements, delivery constraints, data, application, and technology standards
- Provide expert POS guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the POS technology standards, and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee
- Experience with architecting POS Platforms
- Experience with implementing POS solutions
- Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes
- Worked on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP
- Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis, and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems.
- Excellent technical development and be able to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- Identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
- Experience in high volume data and file processing, in real-time and batch integration environments.
Knowledge and Skills
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.)
- S/W frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid track record in successful delivery solution architecture
- Commercial & business understanding of retail industry desirable
- Experience using RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar)
Deadline for applications is 30/01/2022
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|