The Platform Support Team has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of our enterprise cloud, managed private clouds, managed services customer environments and internal cloud environments ensuring server, storage, network and hypervisor availability is maintained at the highest level. This is achieved by performing routine maintenance, testing failover and back up, implementing best practices.
- Maintain service availability for customers by performing routine maintenance, failover testing, implementing best practices, pro-active monitoring of alerts and status changes etc.
- Perform project related duties with regards to new and changing infrastructure deployments as required.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of incidents, problems and changes by telephone and email.
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests.
- Completing customer Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required.
- Provide technical consultancy to all other areas of the business to ensure the integrity, performance and support of new opportunities that involve Platform Support.
- Provide prompt senior technical assistance on customer incidents when Tier 1 skills have exhausted a resolution.
- Find technical solutions to problems where necessary and practical, without compromising the commercial viability of current and future platform solutions.
- To stay up to date and accredited within the current technologies.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Where required perform the Lead Engineer role for some key customers on a support, service transition and project basis.
- Experience in the below technologies in configuring, troubleshooting and administering all areas with deep technical expertise in at least two areas: (stronger emphasis in bold)
- NetApp Storage (Ontap and CDOT)
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco Nexus Switches
- SAN Fabric Switches. (Brocade and Cisco)
- Dell SC/ME Storage
- VMware vSphere, vSphere SRM, vSphere Replication.
- VMware NSX and vCloud Director.
- Desirable (Any)
- Experience of administering/troubleshooting Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Experience of administering/troubleshooting Windows Server.
- Experience in administering/troubleshooting switching and routing technologies. (Ubiquiti, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Exposure to managing PCI-DSS compliant environments.
- Graduate or qualified by experience.
- Netapp NCDA, NCSE, NCIE SAN
- Cisco CCNP DataCentre
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect
- ITIL Foundation
Deadline for applications is 20/10/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|