To monitor vulnerabilities; assess impact; report; test and deliver Patch/Release updates and application deployment via agreed tools and processes within SLA.
- Testing of authorised security and critical patch updates to various operating systems.
- Deployment of authorised security and critical updates to various Operating Systems, applications and utilities via an agreed toolset and process, with robust rollback.
- Production of standard reports in line with customer requirements.
- Production of Audit information for customer estates.
- Provide service to given SLA’s.
- Monitor and assess vulnerabilities using agreed toolset and report/make recommendations to client base using agreed processes.
- Undertake knowledge transfer to customer or third party personnel in the provision of Patch Management.
- Provide contingency for other team members.
- Ensure a virtual teaming environment is maintained.
- Manage escalations in a timely manner.
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies.
- Attend appropriate technical and personal development training courses
- Self-develop technical knowledge within applicable Technology toolsets
- Maintain professional appearance, behaviours and manners at all times. Ensure adherence to Company Policies.
- Proactively look to improve any tools or processes related to aid / improve the Patch Management service.
- Certification in a patching or software deployment toolset (e.g. SCCM).
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft deployment tools: SMS; WSUS and SCCM.
- Knowledge of other patch management deployment tools such as BladeLogic; BigFix; SCUP; Solarwinds or Flexera (Secunia).
- Experience in process creation and improvement.
- Experience of Microsoft server operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of change processes and risk management.
- Thorough understanding of what security patching entails.
- Knowledge of System Management tools.
- Work to the processes and procedures within a continual service improvement framework.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by delivering services to SLA in a professional & efficient manner.
- Excellent customer and vendor relationships. Positive and enthusiastic attitude to all aspects of daily work.
- Work to an agreed Personal Development Plan (PDP) for personal, professional & technical development.
- Minimum three years IT support experience.
- SQL database querying and reporting.
- Current working experience in Microsoft server support.
- Current working experience in deployment toolsets.
- Deployment toolset support experience.
- Application packaging/deployment experience.
- Build management/deployment experience.
- Problem or Change Management experience.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (2007 or 2012)
- Microsoft server certified.
- SQL Querying/Reporting.
- ITIL Foundation
Deadline for applications is 30/06/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|