The Junior Operations IPT Engineer is responsible for the smooth running of our customer IPT environments and troubleshooting customer incidents, particularly those with inbound or outbound call centres. The Junior IPT Engineer will support environments where infrastructure includes, but is not limited to, local wired network equipment, network storage, Linux compute, MySQL database or voice specific application servers (ie. Asterisk, QueueMetrics, ViciDial). They will support the customer through the resolution of incidents relating to infrastructure as reported by the customer, as well as through performing general maintenance at the customer based on best practice methods raised through schedule tasks or through our monitoring platform.
- Day-to-day support of our customer’s unified communications networks.
- Perform project related duties in regard to new deployments or development requirements.
- Troubleshooting technical faults and providing satisfactory fixes to the customer.
- Regularly updating customers on progress of faults by telephone and email.
- Regularly updating ticketing system Service Now / Autotask with quality notes detailing progress and actions completed on open incidents, problems and change requests.
- Completing customer network Change Requests, including impact and risk analysis, implementing out of hours where required.
- Providing day to day administration for managed service customers.
- Providing input to customer facing Technical Incident Reports.
- Capturing repeat faults and undertaking root cause analysis.
- Proactive identification of fault trends.
- Maintaining and updating customer technical documentation.
- Constant knowledge capture and sharing.
- Development of peer relationships with key Suppliers.
- Work as part of the on-call rota and ensure resources are always available 24X7 and respond within SLA time frames to any calls from Operations Shift Teams.
- Work with the other departments to understand and share technical strategy.
- Development of technical strategy for IPT customers and internal.
- Attend the Change Advisory Board for customer change requests.
- Attend meetings and working parties to represent Operations where necessary.
- Attend customer meetings to provide technical consultancy, usually by VC but occasionally on site.
- Helping to identify gaps in existing technical documentation, knowledge and skills
- Creating and maintaining of technical customer documentation.
- Ensuring customer transition pre-requisites are delivered by EPM and Project Management.
- Undertake technical audits for key customers where issues have been identified
Key Performance Indicators:
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels
- Ensure monthly SLA metrics for all Operations customers are achieved.
- At least two years’ experience in a unified communications environment
- Solid understanding of routing and switching
- Packet capture
- Trace analysis
- VMWare (limited)
- Professional in Linux OS
- Professional in Asterisk
- Knowledge of QueueMetrics
- Knowledge of ViciDial
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Knowledge of programming languages (PHP, perl)
- Network switching & routing (Mikrotik, Netgear, Dell, HP)
- Debugging (SIP, H323, MGCP)
- Experience in Asterisk dial-plan coding
- DCAA (Digium Certified Asterisk Administrator)
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|