An international IT Manage services company is looking for an expert level Network Engineer to provide technical guidance to the team on best practises and to perform team lead functions as and when required.
- Provide technical guidance and advice on problem resolution approach.
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge based on more complex issues across a wide range of technologies.
- Have extensive vendor/technical knowledge and provide guidance on the following:
- Routers (Cisco IOS & IOS XE);
- Switches (Cisco IOS, Cisco Nexus NX-OS, Dell MXL);
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA & ASAv, Cisco PIX, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX);
- Load Balancers (F5 LTM, NetScaler SDX/VPX/MPX, Cisco ACE);
- Wireless (Cisco AP);
- Fabric Interconnect (UCS 6248UP);
- Management Systems (Solarwinds, BNA, Entuity, Cisco CMX/MSE, Cisco WLC, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, NetScaler Command Centre, NetScaler Insight);
Future: Palo Alto firewalls
- Keep up to date by attending training for new technologies.
- Maintain existing certifications.
- Be aware of commercials and how day to day tasks effect profitability.
- Optimize team for creating additional capacity for time & material work and new business and technologies.
- Play a lead role in due diligence and transition of new services and customers into support.
- Provide quotes for ad hoc and T&M (time & material) work.
- Review proposals and designs with a focus on operational supportability in order to feed into requirements definitions and costing discussions.
Managing People and Customer Relationships:
- Be a natural leader.
- Interact with team members for sharing knowledge and building strong relationships.
- Work closely with existing technical lead and team leader.
- Lead or represent team in customer group discussions.
- Participate in customer service reviews. Build good relationships, rapport and instil confidence in successful service delivery.
- Be polite and professional
- Be able to communicate effectively with customers to ensure requirements are understood and met within agreed timescales.
- Mentoring of team members to assist them in reaching their potential and aid with the rapid growth of the team.
- Hold team members accountable for adhering to processes and customer contracts.
- Work as part of a large team (15+ engineers), sharing knowledge and information, taking instruction, guidance, but also be expected to work on their own accord, progressing project work in accordance with standards and processes.
- Proactively identify process and team areas that require improvement and facilitate resolution.
- Ensure that documentation is relevant to effective resolution of problems.
- Encourage and oversee team focus on process improvement.
- Provide balanced technical and commercial input to develop effective solutions.
- Lead and coordinates major projects.
- Perform service transition and due diligence.
- Co-ordinate and oversee work schedule demands.
- Assist team leader in handling team and customer escalations – make decisions and advise after the fact.
- Delegate tasks when required according to defined roles and responsibilities.
- Assist with resourcing planning and optimization.
- Attend interviews for vacancies and do technical assessment of candidates.
- Experience: 6+ years at professional level.
- They should be able to demonstrate thorough understanding of Switching, Routing, VPN, Security/Firewall and IP Subnetting.
- Experience: 3+ years at expert level.
- Load Balancing especially on Citrix NetScaler and F5 LTM. Wireless especially Cisco CMX/MSE/WLC. Management platforms especially Cisco ACS/ISE/Prime.
- Professional level certifications (any of the following): CCNP (R&S) / CCNP (Data Centre) / JNCIP-ENT / JNCIP-SP. Additional to these professional level qualifications it would be very beneficial to have entry network certifications in any of the following: Citrix NetScaler (CCA-N/CCA-P); F5 LTM (CA/CTS)
- CCIE (R&S) / CCIE (Data Centre) / JNCIE-ENT / JNCIE-SP.
Deadline for applications is 15/04/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|