An opportunity has opened up for a Destination Safety Manager within Tourism. To Ensure the visitors of Cape Town stay safe and have a memorable experience and to provide assistance to visitors who may be in distress during their stay in Cape Town. Should a tourist be the unfortunate victim of crime in our city. To direct multiple programmes of compliance and safety to support destination and visitor safety.
The position provides for variable resources when needed as problems arise. Provides overall programme awareness, support, and evaluation of effectiveness as related to plans and objectives. Reports policy issues to executive management and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Direct and review compliance & safety programmes to ensure destination & visitor safety
- Advise members in improving and carrying out good practise relating to public safety compliance programmes in accordance with regulations.
- Support and manage Band Aid Programme – assist and/or facilitate assistance to visitors and tourism products who have experienced a visitor safety incident.
- Analyse statistical data and reports to identify and determine public safety compliance issues
- Fulfil reporting requirements of all-relevant government rules and regulations
- Monitor progress in achieving programme goals and objectives and evaluate results
- Represent the organisation in formal meetings with outside organisations on matters dealing with public safety compliance
- Direct and manage staff in conducting tourism product inspections and ensure that remedial actions conform to procedures and regulations
- Plan and organise special seminars and provide training for staff, communities and the tourism industry on visitor safety
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in Cape Town’s safety environment.
Competencies and other requirement:
- At least 6-8 years as a Destination Safety Manager
- Degree or National Diploma (NQF6-7) in a related field
- Experience in policy and procedure development
- In depth knowledge of the following legislation: Disaster Management Act, Environmental Health and Safety Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, COIDA, National Road Traffic Act
- A driver’s licence
Deadline for applications is 15/08/2021
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Communications, Project Management, Public Relations|