The role will take an influential lead in managing change and the implementation of an end user compute technical support team, based on ITIL concepts. The position will ensure an effective approach to the management of all day-to-day desktop activities and escalations, actively working with both the Client management team and various operational teams, assisting in the continual ongoing review and improvements for all services provided.
The requirement is for a 24×7 operation with main support hours aligned with US business operational hours. Individuals will work to a rotational, staggered shift pattern.
- Desktop Team consisting of between 12 & +- 15 team members
- Monitors daily operations of the team and possesses substantial knowledge of end user device support to allow for both effective and efficient utilisation of assigned resource.
- Possess reasonable technical skills in order to be the escalation point for technical support issues where the team require assistance and/or guidance to resolve incidents.
- Proactive management of the Desktop Team, taking an influential lead in managing change and the implementation/development of a client centric pro-active support processes.
- Implement methodologies to improve mean time to resolve, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
- Working within the existing technology, identify ongoing training and other resources to maximize desktop support effectiveness.
- Build a qualified desktop team through innovative hiring and training techniques.
- Implement effective staffing and scheduling models for guaranteed coverage at the lowest possible costs.
- Develop a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction.
- Analyse engineer performance through various statistical and reporting methods.
- Market the image of the Desktop Team as a support group ‘showcase’ that advances the IT vision and strategy.
- Effectively manage escalations.
- To work closely with Client Management Team and assist in ongoing review and improvements within performance parameters, for all services provided by the Desktop Team.
- Effective management of all tickets assigned to the Desktop Resolver Team.
- Interaction with 3rd party Vendors and key client business partner relationship to collectively deliver world class support.
- Provide an effective communication point and reference on all business impacting problems or significant disruptive issues, to ensure timely resolution whilst protecting and the Client business.
- To ensure ‘client validated’ adherence to the Service Level Agreement and associated Performance measurements and indicators.
- Manage the configuration and change management processes, ensuring comprehensive information about all supported components are contained within the Change Management Database.
- To review and present performance reports related to desktop support and resources.
- To represent the clients’ interests
- Chair and/or actively participate in scheduled or reactive meetings, presentations at all levels of management.
- Overall responsibility for the management and development of desktop engineers and achievement of team objectives.
- Responsible for recruitment, soft skills coaching, training and retention of the department.
- Experienced within the ITIL delivery framework
- Positive and adaptable attitude, pleasant and friendly.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within a desktop support team.
- Good personal presentation.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Wants to ensure delighted customers, above and beyond the call of duty.
- Works accurately and with eye for detail.
- Handles in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer
- Ability to facilitate multi-departmental functions, to achieve necessary success.
- Ability to compile and analyse data.
- Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team showing eagerness to drive forward.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in working within a technical desktop environment.
- Senior Certificate
- Familiar with ITIL fundamentals
- Degree or Diploma in IT or similar is preferred
- MCDE or MCSE
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience in a Technical Desktop environment
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a Team Leader position
- Has worked in the IT outsourcing environment before with proven leadership skills
- Shift work is compulsory as well as standby duties when required
Deadline for applications is 15/10/2020
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|