Join an international IT managed services company as a Desktop Engineer. To supports, deploy, configure, secure, manage, and monitor devices and client applications. The successful candidate will form part of the Desktop Support Team which has responsibilities focused around the smooth running of customers desktop environments ensuring desktop availability is maintained at the highest level while strictly adhering to ITIL principles such as problem, incident and change management.
The requirement is for a 24×7 operation with main support hours aligned with US business operational hours. Individuals will work to a rotational, staggered shift pattern.
- Lead coordination on all incidents to drive issues to the quickest possible resolution
- Collaborate with vendors and suppliers for process and system for progression to resolution in the quickest possible time, without failing on quality.
- Troubleshooting end-user desktop and compute related incidents (remote support)
- Consistent and clear communication with internal and external team throughout the life-cycle of the incident.
- Acquire and maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of the customer and their processes.
- Work closely with peer across the IT operation to provide a world class service to our clients.
- Excellent ability to follow any given process and reference documentation.
- Ability to document given procedures
- Proactively avoid customer escalations through active management of all incidents and prevent escalations due to a lack of progress and/or updates.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve services in line with agreed customer SLA, for you and your team.
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Part take in training 1st line service desk analyst to increase first contact resolution.
- Keep all customer related support documentation up to date.
- Keep abreast on technology required to support the various customers.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office & Windows XP/Windows7/Windows10 and Office 365 + Mac. Various mobile technologies.
- 3-5 years in the Customer Service industry with direct input into a technical environment.
- Solid understanding of General IT equipment e.g. Switch, routers, RAM etc.
- Minimum Grade 12
- IT Diploma
- 3 years qualified by relevant experience.
- Vendor aligned certifications in related technologies.
- MCSA Windows 10
- MCSA Office 365
Deadline for applications is 15/10/2020
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|