Backup and Storage Support. Mainly Symantec NetBackup support with the introduction of supporting storage systems from EMC, IBM, HP & DELL.
Backup, Storage Administration and Troubleshooting
- Administration of the backup environments on a daily basis and also to apply good fault finding skills within the various products.
- Generate and distribute reports to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all the supporting procedures are produced to a high quality.
- Assist functional teams in collecting reporting data.
- Assist senior members of the team with capacity planning for the hardware supporting backup and recovery environment.
- Initiate or raise Change Requests as part of or in support of resolving incidents.
- Record and report incident resolution and non-resolution escalation.
- Assist in conducting Root Cause Analysis.
- Assume full responsibility to progress each ticket logged onto the Ticket Management System.
- Actively participate in the on-call / standby rotation for product support.
- Achieve personal targets as set by Team Leader and Manager.
- Escalate issues to Team Leader.
- Matric Certificate / National Senior Certificate
- Symantec NetBackup experience
- Certification in one or more of the following backup software: HP Data Protector; VEEAM; eVault or any other backup or storage certifications.
Deadline for applications is 30/01/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|