New opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join an International IT Managed Services Company in Cape Town, with experience in building, deploying, automating and scaling services in a cloud environment.
You’ll be working Within the Information Systems Team where we have an established DevOps approach and tooling to support the automation of Azure deployments. The DevOps Engineer will work on a range of creative and engaging projects at the cutting edge of technology, tackling complex and technically challenging automation requirements for a range of customers within the Azure sphere and ensuring that there is an ‘Automate-everything’ approach to all that we deliver, providing consistent reliable, conformant customer deployments at-scale.
Working closely with Developers, Azure Consultants & Operational support teams, the role holder will be responsible for translating cloud architectures into deployable templates & code (IAC) using industry standard tools such as ARM & PowerShell, maintenance of our tooling, deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines and centralised template repository within Azure DevOps. Provision
of training and support to the Azure Practice area and Managed Services team during implementation.
The individual will be a DevOps champion and instrumental in the ongoing development of our existing DevOps approach with a desire to promote and embed the methodology throughout our organisation. Excellent communication skills, well organised, a self-starter, ability to work to deadlines, confidence ,forward-thinking, a passion for DevOps and automation are all essential traits.
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum 5 years IT experience with 3+ in IT Infrastructure in a design or implementation capacity Architect, Senior Engineer or Consultant
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- A good understanding of the full software life cycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Server operational experience (both Linux and Windows)
- Understanding of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Microsoft Azure, understanding of the following
- Load balancers, DNS, virtual networks and firewalls
- Azure App Service, Azure SQL, Azure Service Fabric, Azure Storage Account, Virtual Machines
- Monitoring, Log Analytics, performance metrics
- Active Directory basics:
- Azure AD authentication
- Users and groups
- Roles/RBAC/Service P
- ARM templates writing, setup automation for resource provisioning
- Use of PowerShell for provisioning & automation
- CLI / Bash scripting
- Experience of Automation of infrastructure services on Azure using Runbooks
- Experience of PowerShell, Bash and .NET
- Proficiency with Azure DevOps and Visual Studio including:
- Creation & management of CI/CD Pipelines
- Service Connections
- Artefact repositories
- source control
- Test management
- Release management
- Good understanding of REST, HTTP protocol, XML & Webhooks
- Working knowledge of databases including MS SQL and Mongo DB
Nice to have skills:
- Experience of building Azure Logic and Function Apps
- Experience of Terraform
- Azure Certification is a PLUS. Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification. Any of the 70-4xx (Azure DevOps Engineer Expert) or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft Architecting Azure Solutions)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Deadline for applications is 30/08/2019
For more information, call Nova Buchan on 073 393 9731 or send your CV to Nova@capitaledgerecruitment.co.za
|Job Category||Information Technology|